Is a Facelift Right for Me?
As with any plastic surgery procedure, you need to be in good health before getting a facelift. If you smoke, you will need to quit at a designated point before the procedure (as specified by Dr. Leedy) and refrain from smoking throughout your recovery period.
You may be a candidate for facelift surgery if you have the following concerns:
- Your cheeks, chin, and other features have started to droop
- Pronounced lines are forming between your nose and mouth (nasolabial folds
- You have jowls developing along the chin
- Your skin has started to lose volume
- You have excess fat deposits in portions of your face
A facelift is not meant to make sweeping changes to your face. It is important to have realistic expectations before undergoing the procedure.
View Our Before & After Gallery
How Is a Facelift Done?
After determining your goals for facelift surgery, Dr. Leedy can discuss the techniques he may use. What you want to accomplish will partly influence the optimal procedure option in your case:
- Traditional facelift: Dr. Leedy begins the incision at the temples and moves down the side of the face before turning at the earlobe and ending at the base of the hair. After making the incision, Dr. Leedy will tighten tissue, remove fat, and then reposition the skin to complement the new shape.
- Mini facelift: Using shorter incisions, Dr. Leedy can selectively revitalize problem areas of your face. Mini facelift surgery is less invasive than the traditional facelift, and it may be performed with a local anesthetic instead of general anesthesia.
- Mid-face lift: The principal goal of lifting the mid face is to enhance the cheeks. During cheek lift surgery, Dr. Leedy will focus on sculpting fat and tissue so your cheeks look plump and youthful. The cheek lift has added benefits in that it complements the space around the eyes.
- SMAS facelift: Also called a “deep-plane facelift,” the SMAS lift involves repositioning the superficial musculoaponeurotic system (SMAS), which restores your face’s deeper soft tissues and adds youthful contours to your cheeks.
Many of these techniques can be combined with a neck lift to provide comprehensive rejuvenation.
What Happens During a Neck Lift?
Folds and jowls in the neck are difficult to miss. A neck lift revises the tissue and fat beneath the skin to provide a more youthful appearance.
If Dr. Leedy recommends neck lift surgery by itself to address your aesthetic issues, the incision (and subsequent scarring) may be confined to discreet areas around the ear. Dr. Leedy can also perform a single continuous incision if you opt for a combination neck lift and facelift.
What Are the Advantages of a Facelift/Neck Lift?
For patients who decide on a facelift and/or neck lift, the benefits are more than just cosmetic. Dr. Leedy considers it a privilege to be a part of your transformation, and he is committed to helping you attain results that are individualized to your unique look.
Benefits of these facial surgery procedures often include:
- Better self-esteem
- Greater comfort in social situations, especially around younger people or those lucky enough not to be showing their age
- Improved confidence in the workplace
- More flexibility with your wardrobe and makeup routine
- Looking as young as you feel
View Our Before & After Gallery
Schedule Your Initial Consultation at Cleveland Plastic Surgery Institute
Dr. Leedy has extensive experience performing a wide range of cosmetic and reconstructive facial surgery procedures. He understands the immense importance of balancing your natural appearance with the artistic possibilities of facelift, neck lift, and other procedures. As such, you can count on him to explore all options to provide you with truly personalized facial rejuvenation.
Please call 440-461-6100 to schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Leedy. You can also fill out the appointment request form on our contact page, and our staff will help you set up your meeting. Cleveland Plastic Surgery Institute serves patients in Cleveland, Akron, Chagrin Falls, and nearby areas of Ohio.