Your Options for Body Contouring
In order to achieve optimal results, it is important for you to have realistic expectations. Body contouring procedures are not designed to help you lose a lot of weight; indeed, in many cases they are performed after weight loss to provide the final “push” toward your target physique.
Patient education is important to Dr. Leedy, and he will fully review your options. Sometimes a single procedure will be enough for you to reach your goals, while in other cases a combination of procedures may be necessary.
The exact procedure or procedures will be unique to you. Dr. Leedy offers the following options:
- Tummy tuck and mini tummy tuck: Also called abdominoplasty, tummy tuck surgery flattens your stomach through tightening of the ab muscles and removal of extra fat and skin
- Liposuction: An effective solution for removing excess fat on the torso, extremities, and even the face, Cleveland Plastic Surgery Institute offers traditional lipo as well as minimally invasive alternatives
- Dr. Leedy may recommend 360 liposuction performed in conjunction with a tummy tuck to improve problem areas like the back, abdomen, and waist
- Buttock augmentation: If you are unhappy because you have a flat, shapeless, or sagging butt, Dr. Leedy may recommend enhancement with gluteal lift surgery or the Brazilian butt lift procedure (which uses your own harvested fat to add volume to your backside)
- Mommy makeover: This is the nickname for customizable treatment plans that combine breast and body procedures to help women reclaim their bodies after pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding
- Labiaplasty: Reduces excess skin in the genital area for women who experience discomfort and embarrassment
- Arm lift: Also known as brachioplasty, arm lift surgery reduces skin, fat, and other tissue that causes the upper arms to sag
- Thigh lift: Similar to arm lift, but performed to contour the upper thigh region
- Body Contouring
Many patients who have lost significant weight or undergone bariatric surgery for weight loss undergo arm lift and thigh lift surgery as part of a comprehensive body lift. These procedures can also be performed individually for patients whose “problem areas” are limited to the arms and thighs.
Toned arms are the envy of men and women alike. Unfortunately, no matter how hard you work on your triceps, sometimes fat on the underside of the upper arm just doesn’t cooperate.
If your weight is stable and you want to be rid of fat and extra skin, Dr. Leedy can discuss your arm lift options. If fat is the principal reason your arm has that jiggle, liposuction alone may provide sufficient sculpting. However, surgical excision may be necessary if a combination of fat, excess skin, and other tissue is to blame.
Thigh lift surgery is performed to sculpt the inner thighs. Like the arm lift, Dr. Leedy removes surplus skin and fat. The procedure can be performed using liposuction or excision surgery depending on your needs and preferences when it comes to recovery and scarring.
In many cases, the waistlines of most underwear and swimsuits completely conceal the scars from a thigh lift.
Explore Your Body Contouring Options
Dr. Leedy welcomes patients of all body types to find out which surgical and non-surgical options can help them improve their appearance and self-image. He is proud to help you discover the best path to your final transformation.
Please call 440-461-6100 to schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Leedy. Cleveland Plastic Surgery Institute serves patients in Akron, Chagrin Falls, and throughout northeastern Ohio.